05 February 2007

Home Sweet Swag

carlett Johansson can finally put those pesky homeless rumors to rest. On Saturday, the actress was given a year-long lease to a swanky $1.5 million apartment in South Beach.

I for one am shocked -- shocked! -- that celebrity swag has grown to such astronomical levels as to now include lux housing. Okay, I am not surprised at all, but I do wonder if Ms. Johansson will ever spend the night there. She looks happy enough (although, who frowns when holding an oversized check?). And certainly stylish, as she continues to ride the Wayfarer trend.

[Source: People]

Ray-Ban Wayfarers:
Cost: $101
Colors: Black*
Retailer: Otticanet

*I know, I know. There are more colors (supercool white and red models, see: Jane Says) available at Sunglasses Hut, but these are $30 cheaper. Try them on anywhere, then order them online and save.

7 comments:

Tru said...

its completly insane what they give celebs now a days....that money could be used for college scholarships, homless, etc.

P.S. I ahve a pair of sunglasses like those, my parents got them as a prize during a wedding reception....too cool, lol....I'll have to wear them more often

S. said...

In case anyone needed more validation that the world is without logic, this happens

The Glossy Editor said...

Ridiculous...BTW am I crazy for being the only girl in the world that doesn't want some wayfarers? Tell it like it is sunglass gal...

Dinah said...

Wow I wish someone would give me a one year lease for free.

Model Citzen said...

I love these, MK totally rocked them first. So risky business

mareGa said...

I want those shades. I want them so bad!

Jessica said...

Yea, it's a little ridiculous that they give such prizes away to the only people that could actually afford them. Ugh. Anywho, thanks for visiting (and commenting on) my little blog! I'm a beginner, so it's nice to know that some people do actually read it!