he model that seems to most resonate with the current fashion moment is none other than Agyness Deyn. No one wears the bob so well and no other face makes androgyny quite so pretty.
Ms. Deyn is featured in January's W:
"Up-and-comer Agyness Deyn tries on the new androgyny in this month's W. A Mert and Marcus spread has the pixie-haired poser sporting everything from an Alexander McQueen dress with padded hips to a pencil-slim Dior Homme suit." [Source: Style.com]Here she is wearing a black silk jacket and white cotton poplin shirt by Dior Homme and Selima Vintage sunglasses.
Selima, of course, refers to optician and designer Selima Salaun. Ms. Deyn's pair do not seem to be available online. [Source: SelimaOptique.com]
Selima locations in New York:
• SOHO • 59 Wooster Street • New York, NY 10012 • Tel. (212) 343 9490
• MIDTOWN • 899 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10021 • Tel. (212) 988 6690
• W.VILLAGE • 357 Bleeker Street, New York, NY 10014 • Tel. (212) 352 1640
Ms. Deyn's bone structure makes her an excellent model for sunglasses. Even in Lanvin's oversized wayfarer style, she wears the shades and not vice versa. Here are some pictures of her having some fun with the shades backstage at their Spring/Summer '07 show.
1. Backstage at Hermès Ready-to-Wear Spring 2007;
2. On the Chanel Ready-to-Wear Spring 2007 runway;
3. Backstage at Versace Ready-to-Wear Spring 2007;
4. On the runway at Luella Ready-to-Wear Spring 2007.